COSMIC
VOYAGE - THE POWER OF TEN
Possibly
the most humbling short I have seen, I saw the original version of its which
was made by Charles and Ray Eames back in late 1970’s.
THE POWER OF TEN-CHARLES AND RAY EAMES
I
still remember I was about 7 and my father made me sit with him to watch this
9-minute short film, the lesson he wanted to teach stuck with me he said,
“Hammad! We are minuscule and simply negligible in the fabric of time and
space, just remember that make a positive impact on what is, and what surrounds
you in your life.”
We
are all the centres of our universe and this journey starts with just that, and
through its few steps forward, few steps back, you are left bewildered at the
ridiculousness of it all. Humbled by the immense magnitude of what is beyond
our being. All we are, our past and our present over 4 Billion years is on this
planet and that, and for all its 7.5 billion inhabitants this would be the only
place we will call home, and that is not even a grain of dust in the desert.
Revisiting
this short film while writing this blog was a strange experience for me as I
sat down and watched it with my 10-year-old daughters, it is not about why we
are here but what are we doing to our home, we need to earn our right to be
here, we are nothing but parasites to this planet… ever leeching from our home
and not giving anything back, I would want us all to stand in front of our
children with the knowledge that we tried to leave this place a little bit
better than we had, for them and their future.
Comments
Post a Comment